Friday, January 14, 2011

10 Small Tasks to do While on Hold

This morning I had to call WIC about getting an email address to email a certification to them for my appointment later this afternoon. I was on hold for over an hour waiting to speak to someone. After nearly 60 minutes of listening to an automated voice tell me, "Please hold. Someone will be with you shortly." every thirty seconds, someone finally connected to promptly hang up on me as soon as I said "hello" and then I had to call back and hold AGAIN for another hour. While on hold, I discovered this nifty list of ten small tasks to do while you are on hold.

1. Paint your fingernails
2. Wipe down the kitchen counter tops
3. Check for Demand Media titles
4. Check your Facebook for *important* updates
5. Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
6. Make another cup of coffee
7. Feed the cat
8. Program your DVR with shows you will be missing because you have to work late
9. Straighten the photos hanging on the wall
10. Update the grocery list

No comments:

 

First Time Adventures Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice