Thursday, January 13, 2011

We Made Cupcakes Today!

Being a professional baker, I am often sad that I don't have to time for it at the moment with work, watching my son and sleeping- these are the only things that I feel I do anymore. I recently purchased a fabulous book called Cupcakes! From The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn. This is a great book for those that want to be super-mom and live the 1950s lifestyle but just don't have the time. The book is all cake box or muffin mixes with a twist so that you never know it didn't come from home.

The recipe that we used was for Coconut Snowballs. It was an easy process and the cupcakes turned out great except I overfilled the paper cups. The frosting is actually a whip cream with coconut on top. I would have used something else because you then have to put them in the fridge since they use fresh cream. This makes the cake not as soft and moist as I like it to be.

Now I say "we" in this, because Hail has had a little trouble "down under" lately and his little bottom hurts making sitting difficult for him. Because of this, he wants to be held a lot and today has been no exception. So we made cupcakes in the fact that I did them all one handed and he occasionally got to "help" turn over a cup of oil or milk into the batter. :)

Overall it was a lot of fun, and the cupcakes turned out great. I definitely recommend this book to every super-mom out there that wants to do it all but just doesn't have the time.

No comments:

 

First Time Adventures Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice