Wednesday, January 11, 2012

50 Book Challenge- Book 1 Daughter of the Blood

Staying true to one of my goals this year, I have completed the first book of my 50 book challenge. The first book of the year was Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop. Normally, I don't read these kinds of books but Raph suggested it and since I have ran out of all my own books to read, I gave it a try. This book is awesome and I am very upset that I can't pick up the second of the black jewels trilogy from the library until tomorrow. :(

This is what the publisher has to say about the book:
"Seven hundred years ago, a Black Widow witch saw an ancient prophecy come to life in her web of dreams and visions. Now the Dark Kingdom readies itself for the arrival of its Queen, a Witch who will wield more power than even the High Lord of Hell himself. But she is still young, still open to influence-and corruption.

Whoever controls the Queen controls the darkness. Three men-sworn enemies-know this. And they know the power that hides behind the blue eyes of an innocent young girl. And so begins a ruthless game of politics and intrigue, magic and betrayal, where the weapons are hate and love-and the prize could be terrible beyond imagining..."


Wow. That is really all I have to say about this book. It is riddled with magic, sex, backstabbing and violence- many of the things that make up a good story. The only gripe that I have about the entire book is that the way it is written, sometimes you feel like this is present day while other times you feel like you are supposed to be in medieval times. That gets a little confusing but with all the great characters and background, it will seem like a small price to pay.

For those that love a good fantasy, I highly recommend this book. Since I am now taking public transportation to school instead of driving, that gives me 2 hours four days a week to read. I was a little shocked that it only took me 8 days to read this book as I am dyslexic and a slow reader because of it. The book is a good a good 400 pages, longer than what I usually can read in that amount of time. I loved this book and will more than likely read it again once this challenge is over.

No comments:

 

First Time Adventures Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice