Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Little Things

Hail LOVES Thomas the Train. Unfortunately, I have seen every episode on our on demand as well as the two DVDs he has about 50,358,742,584,710,256,931 times. Yeah I know-- its a lot. He loves it and it is the only thing he ever wants to watch in the morning, when he's upset or before bedtime or nap time. Since we got a new TV, we decided to try putting the old one that is starting to go out in his room so he can watch Thomas any time he likes and I don't have to watch it with him. (I know most all the words to the stories and say them as they go)

This was probably one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. Even when the TV is off, he can still hear Thomas through his stereo. Nap time and bed time has gotten significantly easier and he is finally willing to play in his room without constant attention, meaning I can do some homework while he is awake instead of having to wait until he is in bed. This is a life saver for me. As I type this, he is contentedly playing with his stuffed Kitty in his room while Thomas is on. Never before has this been possible for me. I just wanted so share my little moment of success.

No comments:

 

First Time Adventures Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice