Saturday, February 25, 2012

TV mom Likenesses

I love the show Roseanne. I grew up watching it throughout childhood and even still, when I catch it on one of the cable channels, I still feel compelled to watch it, no matter how many times I have seen the episode. I remember how much my grandma hated Roseanne growing up. She felt that it was inappropriate because she was sometimes rude, yelled,she was working class, showed the struggles of everyday living, and pretty much told the world the true inner workings of a typical family. She thought everything should be Leave it to Beaver style and never detail anything that really goes on.

I hate to break it to grandma, but there are very few people that live a June Cleaver lifestyle. They didn't back in the 50s and they don't today. In a survey that I found online one day, it said that 53% of housewives during the 50s and 60s had drinking problems from holding their tongues and never disobeying their husbands. I feel that Roseanne was more realistic in her show about what life was like. She struggled to pay bills, provide for her kids, make sure they grew up properly, but still had dreams she wanted to accomplish. She was a typical American wife during the 90s.

If I were to have a TV likeness to any TV mom, I would be Roseanne. I live my life in many similar ways as she does, struggling to make ends meet at times, I can be rude, I yell, I drink -- in public, I am not a perfect size 5 like society wants me to be. While my life is far from perfect, I have to say, I am proud to be more of a Roseanne and not a June. At least I speak my mind and be damned with holding it in!

Who is your TV mom likeness??

No comments:

 

First Time Adventures Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice